AB 104 Learning Recovery

AB 104 Learning Recovery

August 17, 2021 

Good afternoon 2020-2021 High School Families,

New California Department of Education legislation (AB104), allows parents to request a grade change from a letter grade to a Pass or No Pass grade for their student.  The process of changing a grade requires that students complete the following Grade Change Application provided by the California Department of Education (CDE). This option is only available for grades from the 2020-2021 school year.  

Students who would like a grade change from a letter grade to a Pass or No Pass grade should submit an individual application for each semester, as applicable, and indicate the grade level they were in during the 2020-21 school year. 

Completed applications must be signed by a parent/guardian and should be submitted as directed below. The deadline to submit the completed form is 5:00pm August 31, 2021.  We cannot accept any applications after this deadline. 

Please return completed and signed forms to the high school you attended during the 2020-21 year:

Rancho Cotate High or El Camino High Schools: to the school office or email Jill Hatch  [email protected]

Technology High School: to the school office or email April Nelson [email protected]

Only grades earned at CRPUSD schools can be changed at CRPUSD.  If your student attended a school in another district, you must return the form to that school.

It is important for students and families to know that some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. The California Department of Education website has listed these institutions that will accept Pass or No Pass grades in their admissions process.

Please reach out to your school if you have any questions.

Dr. LuzElena Perez

Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction

Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District 

Grade Change Form